Vuguru And BermanBraun Team Up With AOL to Launch Family Comedy "Greetings From Home"
Oct 1, 2012
From the producers behind the hit TV-shows "Alphas" and "Junk Yard Gypsies", comes the brand new family comedy, "Greetings from Home" - a humorous take on the chaos that ensues when a military dad has to raise two unruly teens while mom is deployed overseas. Developed with hit production company BermanBraun,"Greetings from Home" comes hot on the heels of AOL and Vuguru's recent collaborations: the runaway hit comedy "Little Women Big Cars" and the romantic comedy "Fetching", both part of AOL's commitment to provide high quality content on the Web.
When career soldier Pete Griffin loses a leg in combat oversees, he is sent home to a desk job. Simultaneously, Pete's wife Patty, an Army nurse, gets deployed to Afghanistan, leaving him to raise daredevil son Chris and moody adolescent daughter Becky alone. Fortunately, helping Pete survive single fatherhood are his slacker brother-in-law, loopy grandmother Nana and the neighborhood army wives: an OCD-afflicted Sue; Emma, a sassy pregnant intellectual; Roberta, an airhead trying to lose weight before her husband returns; and Missy Wentworth, an overly provocative teenage bride. Pete loves his family, but he soon realizes that raising teenage kids is a combat situation in itself!
Meet the Cast
- Pete Griffith (Dash Mihok, I Am Legend, The Day After Tomorrow, Ray Donovan)- A father and career soldier sent back to the States after losing his leg in combat
- Sue Meyers (Missi Pyle, The Artist, "Two and a Half Men", Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) - Ms. Perfect Army wife and neighbor of the Griffith's
- Nana (Estelle Harris, "Seinfeld", "Are You There, Chelsea?", "Fanboy and Chum Chum") - Patty Griffith's serial video-dating, wisecracking mother
- Becky Griffith (Evie Thompson, Shake it Up!, "Criminal Minds", "Zoey 101") - The 15-year-old former tomboy, moody, adolescent daughter of Pete and Patty Griffith
- Chris Griffith (Hudson Thames, Fright Night)- The 17-year-old charming and mischievous daredevil son of Pete and Patty Griffith
- Emma Mountcastle (Nicole Randall Johnson, "Weeds"," MADtv", "Prime Suspect") - A sassy intellectual and a neighborhood Army wife who got pregnant after her husband went overseas
- Roberta Sommer (Kristina Sexton, "Crossing Jordan", "Cold Case") -An airhead and a neighborhood Army wife who gained 50 pounds since her husband was away and wants to remove a kidney to help lose the weight
- Missy Wentworth (Cherilyn Wilson, "True Blood", "I Heart Vampires", "90210") – A provocative young bride and neighborhood Army wife
- Archie (Skyler Stone, "Bones", "Raising Hope") Pete's slacker brother-in-law who moved into a hammock on the lawn and never left
The 12-episode series is written by Bill Rosenthal, Bill Masters and Michael Davidoff, directed by Jared Drake and executive produced by BermanBraun's Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun.
To the Greetings from Home page now, Soldier!
Vuguru and BermanBraun team up with AOL to launch family comedy "Greetings From Home" aol.it/SUGJ1j
- AOL PR (@AOLPR) October 1, 2012