Engadget Unveils the Official 2017 Best of CES Award Winners
Jan 9, 2017
Las Vegas, NV – January 7, 2017 – As International CES® 2017 comes to a close tomorrow, editors at the leading technology and culture publication, Engadget, present this year's official "Best of CES" award winners. From next-generation connected home devices to autonomous robots and drones, Engadget's editors applied their extensive knowledge of the tech industry to scouring the show floor for the very best of the best at CES, choosing a winner in each of the 17 highly competitive categories based on level of innovation, design, market appeal and functionality. Rounding out the editors’ selections is The People's Choice Award, honoring the products that won over the most hearts and minds in the Engadget community.
Along with widespread coverage and exposure across Engadget's networks, winners were awarded a trophy on the Engadget stage during the closing ceremonies, which were broadcast live on the Engadget.com homepage, Xbox One, Roku, Engadget’s Apple TV App and Engadget’s YouTube channel.
“CES is the biggest technology trade show on the planet, and after scouring the show floor for the most innovative products, we’re excited to bring our readers what we believe to be the very best CES has to offer,” said Michael Gorman, Editor-in-Chief of Engadget. “It’s a privilege to select the most innovative technologies and products from thousands of entries, and reward those that move the industry forward and improve consumers’ lives.”
Winners of the International CES® 2017 "Best of CES" awards include:
- Best Startup: Amber Agriculture
- Best Accessibility Technology: Whill
- Best Digital Health and Fitness Product: Willow Smart Breast Pump
- Best Wearable: Willow Smart Breast Pump
- Best Automotive Technology: Honda Rider Assist
- Best Home Theater Product: Dish AirTV
- Best (Connected) Home Product: Whirlpool Zera Food Recycler
- Best Innovation (Disruptive Tech): Honda Rider Assist
- Best Mobile Device: ASUS Zenfone AR
- Best TV Product: LG OLED W-Series
- Best Gaming Product: Razer Project Ariana
- Best Offbeat Product: Fisher-Price SmartCycle
- Best Maker-Friendly Technology: Lego Boost
- Best PC: Dell XPS 13 2-in-1
- Best Robot or Drone: UVify Draco HD
- Best of the Best Award: LG OLED W-Series
- People’s Choice Award: Razer Project Ariana
The Best of CES Awards Program started over a decade ago to celebrate the innovation and noteworthy products on display at the International CES each year. Engadget returns for its fourth year adjudicating the official Awards in partnership with the Consumer Technology Association. CES® is a registered trademark of the CTA.
Engadget was founded in 2004 as a devoted, real-time source for tech news. Now in its second decade as a leading technology and culture publication, Engadget's web, mobile, and Flipboard presence has grown to reach over 24 million unique readers per month. Engadget is also the official partner of the Best of CES Awards and has been the Official Online News Source for the world's largest tradeshow for consumer electronics since 2009. Find Engadget online at www.engadget.com and its apps in the iTunes and Google Play stores.