AOL + Social Media Week 2012: Perfect together
Feb 13, 2012
For the second year in a row, AOL is a proud participant in Social Media Week, a week of interconnected activities and conversations around the world with a focus on trends in social and mobile media. The festival has been held in 21 cities worldwide and attracts more than 60,000 attendees annually.
Four of our global offices will be participating in the event, with the Palo Alto event hosting a content hub, the AOL Ventures space in NY hosting a panel discussion, and the London and Toronto offices contributing speakers to panels in their cities:
- On February 14, the AOL Ventures space at 670 Broadway in New York City will host a panel called "How Sweet It Is to Be Liked By You" featuring a discussion of how social media contributes to the evolution of a new technology company's brand, product development, and community at 5:30pm local time.
- From our AOL Europe office in London, the managing director of GoViral, Mads Holmen, is leading a workshop called "Content or Distribution - Who is King?" on Thursday, February 16th at 3:00p local time.
- From our Toronto office, Kenny Yum, managing editor of AOL / Huffington Post Canada will be joining CaseCamp, a case study-based, peer-to-peer learning unconference, starting at 9:00am local time on February 16th.
- The AOL Palo Alto office is hosting the Social Media Week San Francisco "Social Lifestyle" hub, which focuses on the impact of social technologies on fashion, travel, retail, health and wellness. The office will showcase 6 sessions starting at 9:00am local time on February 16th.
All events are space available and require registration, but most events are free. Visit socialmediaweek.org to view the full worldwide schedule of events.
- AOL PR (@AOLPR) February 13, 2012