AOL UNVEILS THE AOL ON NETWORK: POWERFUL NEW VIDEO PLATFORM PLACES HIGH VALUE ON PROGRAMMED CONTENT
PLACES HIGH VALUE ON PROGRAMMED CONTENT
New Brand Spotlights Videos that are Relevant NOW Across 14 Content Channels
New York, NY (April 24, 2012)– AOL today launched AOL On, a platform of AOL's complete video offerings and a curated video hub for consumers that offers premium video across 14 content channels including food, business, entertainment, style, tech, travel, health and others, reaching an audience of 57 million US consumers*. The launch of The AOL On Network brings AOL's entire video offering under one umbrella that delivers premium content at significant scale within desired audience segments. Recognizing the increasing trend toward multi-screen consumption, all of the videos from AOL can be seen across four screens – desktop, tablet, mobile devices and connected TV devices. The launch of the AOL On Network was announced at AOL's 2012 Digital Content NewFront, where more than 450 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies and digital and TV media buyers came together to see AOL's new slate of video programming, meet original programming producers and casts, and experience the power and reach of the AOL brand.
At the center of the consumer experience is the AOL On video hub (http://on.aol.com), a premier destination for consumers to discover all the videos they should be watching. AOL On offers a true point of view, curating the best videos including news, lifestyle and entertainment. AOL On will surface the most relevant videos in real-time from a library of over 320,000 high quality, short-form videos created by more than 1,000 premier publishers and AOL. The voice of AOL On will be expressed through highly curated shows, channels and video playlists integrating a range of programming, from AOL original products to partner content. High profile celebrities like Nina Garcia, Rachel Roy, Heidi Klum, Adrian Grenier, Erin Fetherston, Marc Forgione, Sam Talbot and Christine Vachon have already signed on to curate AOL On playlists and share their passions and unique perspectives with audiences.
"AOL is a brand company. We offer innovative platforms like the AOL On Network, along with vibrant and engaging video content that we know people are flocking to the Web to consume at an unprecedented velocity," said Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO, AOL. "With the launch of AOL On we are bringing people closer to the things that matter, while helping them discover and share the stories and information that color their lives."
On Every Topic, On Every Screen:
The AOL On Network is comprised of the former AOL Video, goviral, StudioNow and AOL HD brands. According to eMarketer, U.S. online video spend is projected to reach $7 billion in 2015**. The AOL On Network is well positioned in North America to capture advertising through deep brand integration in the video experience, and sponsored content via pre-roll of channels and individual playlists across categories.
"AOL On goes beyond the traditional online video experience and delivers premium, curated video in the right context at the right time – be it on your desktop, tablet, smart phone or connected TV devices," said Ran Harnevo, Senior Vice President, Video, AOL On. "Consumers need a destination to discover videos on the topics that matter when they want them. AOL On is at the intersection of relevant entertainment and information served in a way that helps consumers stay on top of what's 'on' now."
Harnevo continued, "The AOL offering can be a complement or viable alternative to traditional TV-buying strategies, and we are well-positioned not only from a scale perspective, but from a programming perspective to capture TV dollars. It is undeniable that online video has strategic advantages relative to TV, and we have the programming, audience and measurement tools to not only target audiences but find them where they are on the Web."
The AOL On Network is one of the top 10 video platforms on the Web, and is number one in categories including Fashion, Tech, Auto, Travel, Food and Home. The Network attracts 861 million video streams per month, with users spending a total of 2.4 billion minutes consuming video.*
Consumers can experience AOL On content across the desktop, mobile and tablet optimized sites and apps, and in the living room through AOL On HD via Samsung, Sony, Roku, Google TV, Boxee and Yahoo! Connected TV devices.
Original Programming Series Announced Today:
- Digital Justice– Live today on AOL On Techand HuffPost Crime, Digital Justice is a weekly reality show that follows digital forensic investigators as they solve cyber crimes. The series deep dives into fascinating crime prevention units that are using the latest digital technology.
- Fetching–Written by Sex and the City's Amy Harris, Fetching is set against the backdrop of New York City and stars Liza – a young woman who quit her job as a lawyer and ended her engagement in the same week-in hopes of pursuing her dreams of opening her own business, a doggy daycare store called "Fetching."
- Little Women Big Cars– Debuting on May 7, the web series is centered around four soccer moms struggling to balance their busy schedules, family lives and sanity.
- Next Door Hero– Anew, unscripted series that features everyday Americans with extraordinary stories. This new series will put an action-filled spotlight on America's bravest everyday heroes.
- Nina Garcia– Whether you're embarking on a new relationship, just starting a new career or have a new baby, two things just happened: you found a new life and you lost your groove. The swag, thrill and the mojo of your look is totally gone and there's only one woman that can help you get it back: Nina Garcia.
- Tiger Beat Entertainment–A deeper, more thoughtful lifestyle and entertainment show for and by teens and young adults covering a wide variety of pop culture and lifestyle categories with a genuine point of view.
- ur + 1– Similar to popular sports-related fantasy games, the ur + 1 gaming platform will allow users to pick teams of celebrities to compete for points based on their coverage on AOL properties. Celebrity-related content across HuffPost Celebrity, HuffPost Entertainment, Moviefone, AOL Musicand HuffPost TVwill be a part of the gaming experience, encouraging users to read, comment and share the content.
Earlier this month AOL announced a partnership with Nielsen to offer marketers guaranteed audience delivery for online video advertising campaigns bought across its properties. This is the first time that online GRPs – based on audience demographics, rather than clicks or impressions – are being used as the basis for advertiser guarantees on the Web.
* comScore March 2012; total U.S. video viewers
** eMarketer, July 2011
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
# # #
Tweet this: http://aol.it/JlZMZS
AOL Corporate Communications
AOL Corporate Communications