TechCrunch Launches App for Android Users
Jan 25, 2013
"Galaxy", "Nexus", "Droid" – if you love those words, you're one of two kinds of geek: the kind that's always looking for little green men from Mars, or the kind that obsesses over a little green guy from Mountain View, CA. Because we fall into the latter category (ok, so there is some overlap in that Venn Diagram), we've been hard at work to bring the best of TechCrunch within a mobile app to your phone for millions of Google's Android users.
Now, all that hard work has paid off and we're proud to announce that there is a new version of TechCrunch available for download on your Android device. If you're a Google aficionado with an Android tablet or phone, you can access all the latest tech news with full CrunchBase integration at your fingertips.
Why is this app so awesome? Because we said so...and you get:
- Custom designed Android interface for your tablet and phone
- The hottest news in tech with the Trending List
- TechTweets showing the latest tech news hitting social media
- An outstanding mobile experience for the original content on TechCrunch
- Comprehensive integration with CrunchBase
- Save articles for offline reading
- Original video content available right on the home screen
- Switched to the latest version of Google Maps to display maps quicker than the old version with less memory and network bandwidth!
So prove you're smarter than all your other "tech-expert" friends by getting the latest tech news and gossip a solid 20 minutes (an eternity in Internet speak) before they do.
Go ahead and download it here.
- AOL PR (@AOLPR) January 25, 2013