MapQuest Ecosystem Expands Through Launch of Travel Blogs
Feb 28, 2013
MapQuest has always been great at getting people from point A to B. But what we embraced through the launch of MapQuest Discover last fall is the idea that it's not only about the destination, but that the journey counts just as much.
With that in mind, we're excited to announce today the launch of MapQuest Travel Blogs, and a new iPhone app that allows travelers to easily capture the memories and routes taken on all of their trips. With just a few easy clicks, users can now collect all of their photos, reviews and stories to create a digital memory of their journey.
Features of the app include:
- On and off-line usage for travelers without cell service or those journeying out of the country beyond their mobile coverage; the mobile blog can be sync'd with the web once a user is back online
- Privacy settings to allow users to share their blogs on their own terms via social channels or through an individually curated distribution list
- Those that opt to have their content stay public will be featured in the MapQuest Discover content feed and may be featured across AOL's digital network
- Coming soon: the option to have your blog printed into a beautiful photo book
Travel Blogs is not just a tool to help users document their recent day trip up the coast or two week cross-country excursion. As part of our library of over 24,000 blogs from Everlater, now part of the MapQuest family, our goal is to help give people valuable and authentic stories that inspire them to set out on their own adventure.
Thinking of planning a trip? Check out some of our favorite blogs so far, Maui in One Week, Culinary Adventures Around the World, East Africa with Amsterdam En Route and Runways and Rails, for ideas and tips on where to set your next course. Happy Travels!
- AOL PR (@AOLPR) February 28, 2013