Heroes Wanted: Join AOL's Mobile Team
May 8, 2012
Hi, my name is Sabrina, and I'm a recruiter on the AOL Talent Acquisition team. I'm excited to be the first to contribute to a new series for the AOL Blog that we're calling "Heroes Wanted." The series aims to bring you some of the most exciting employment opportunities within the many teams at AOL. This first post goes in search of heroes to join our Mobile development team, who build some of the most fun and well-regarded mobile products in the business!
In a world where millions of people use our products every month*, we rely on the power and pluck of the mobile software engineers to save the day. You were put on this earth to make a difference and we want to harness, develop and foster your skills and talent to help you achieve that goal. We are focused on the future. We have a solid plan in place to become the largest online content provider in the world and we're making strides every day. But what I truly think differentiates us from other companies are our people. We collaborate and work as a team creating a real sense of community.
We're searching for developers that are passionate about mobile technology. We have a dynamic team full of creative, ingenious AOLers that work hard and play hard. They've already made amazing products like my personal favorites Moviefone for iPad, Engadget Distro and AOL Play. To win the war on bad applications, we are on a mission to find the few, the proud, the super-talented. Our goal is to build intuitive and engaging mobile applications that even your parents can use. This means solving complex, unique and large-scale problems, working with a passionate team and creating compelling apps for the Android and iOS platforms. You'll battle dark forces daily and continually improve processes and tools to make the web a better place for all civilians.
Think you have what it takes? Can you answer Yes to all of the following questions?
- I have built high quality web applications that were published in the Android Market/Google Play and/or the Apple AppStore. I'll tell you all about them.
- When I build applications, I always consider how to create a great end-user experience because if I don't look out for those little guys, who will?
- I have a passion for mobile device technologies and a desire to increase my cadre of technology powers.
- I enjoy working within a league of other code heroes. Building apps is a team sport and I excel at communications – especially with team members and product or business owners.
- Also? I have a B.S. in Computer Science or a related field. My coding superpowers extend to Java and Android development and/or Objective-C/C++/C, Cocoa Touch and iOS development. Plus, I have hands-on experience developing software using object-oriented programming and killer design skills. Duh, obviously. I am a code superhero after all.
Interested in joining us? Visit our careers page to find out more, and visit our Heroes Wanted category on the AOL Blog for more great jobs!
*Internal mobile data