AOL VIDEO ANNOUNCES ORIGINAL VIDEO SLATE OF MORE THAN 15 ORIGINAL WEB SERIES FOR WIDE RANGE OF KEY AUDIENCES, INCLUDING WOMEN, TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS AND MORE
Oct 3, 2011
Jennifer Lopez, Through Her Company Nuyorican Productions, and Believe Entertainment Group Team with AOL and Cambio on New Youth Digital Series 'Tiger Beat Entertainment'
Original Series 'You've Got' Reaches 100 Million Video Views
New York, NY, October 3, 2011 – AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announced its new video slate delivering a wide variety of original programming on one of the largest- and fastest-growing online video platforms – increasing UVs 86% year over year* and ranking No. 1 in key industry categories, including tech, autos, travel, fashion, food and home**. During Advertising Week 2011, AOL is sharing its new slate of original programming spanning more than 15Web series appealing to multiple audiences and advertising categories. Each program will be programmed and distributed across AOL Huffington Post Media Group sites, providing marketers an opportunity to align their brand messages with distinct target audiences. In addition, marketers can extend their reach by accessing AOL's library of more than 300,000 curated premium videos.
"We are pleased to announce a slate of programming that shows our innovative approach to video," said Ran Harnevo, Senior Vice President of AOL Video. "It provides one of the best platforms on the Web to connect advertisers with premium content at scale. We've built a video ecosystem supported by our data and insights into what excites viewers, combined with a deep understanding of what they share and discuss online. Our focus is on producing programs that consumers want and creating an impactful nexus among advertisers, marketers and target audiences."
AOL has a proven track record of developing successful video franchises across its owned-and-operated properties, including You've Got,a one-minute daily series on AOL.com spotlighting notables from President Barack Obama to Kevin Bacon to Paula Abdul. Since its November 2010 launch, the series has garnered 100 million video views***.
The success of AOL's video franchises includes AOL Music's recently relaunched music series Sessions, which attracted 3 million streams in August 2011, growing 48% over the prior month and 208% year over year***. AOL Video is one of the top-10 video platforms on the Web with 43.9 million unique viewers and 403.6 million U.S. streams per month**.
The new slate underscores AOL Video's comprehensive video offering, from content creation and distribution to monetization. Some of the series are live today, and AOL will roll out the remaining series over the next several months. Many of the shows are produced in-house by the AOL Studios team in AOL's state-of-the-art HD studios in Los Angeles and New York.
"A big part of our editorial mission is telling stories that deeply engage our users and spark conversations – both on our sites and across the social Web. This is especially true of our video offerings," said Roy Sekoff, founding editor of the Huffington Post Media Group. "By featuring addictive personalities and stories that stick, we're creating video that a wide range of users watch, talk about and share."
AOL also announced plans to collaborate with Jennifer Lopez, her company Nuyorican Productions, and Believe Entertainment Group to launch a new digital video series, "Tiger Beat Entertainment," an all-new entertainment news and lifestyle show for teens and young adults. The series will be distributed through and in partnership with AOL and its teen-and-young adult platform Cambio and will be produced at Cambio's Hollywood studio.
"We're thrilled to work with AOL on this project to reach teens and young adults in a differentiated way. This partnership demonstrates the power of using the Web, social media and entertainment to engage our audience and positively influence their large circles of friends," said William H. Masterson III and Dan Goodman, Co-Founders, Believe Entertainment Group.
Highlights of the slate include:
- Little Women, Big Cars: From bake sales and soccer games to gossip and divorce, four moms navigate the comedy and drama of suburban life. Starring Ed Begley Jr., Antonio Sabato, Jr., Julie Warner and Kristy Swanson. Produced by Vuguru.
- A Supermodel Stole My Husband:A lighthearted makeover show in which a frustrated wife enlists an adored supermodel to help transform her husband. Produced by AOL Studios.Heidi Klum on AOL:A guide to fabulous living for everyday women, including fashion, beauty, parenting, lifestyle, fitness and nutrition. Produced by Full Picture.
- Jocks & Jills:Sports show meets The View in a fresh and funny sports talk show hosted by a rotating panel of diverse celebrity guests. Produced by Flavor Unit Productions.
- Lost in Translation:Reality series following a hip-hop DJ and famous 'Nuyorican,' as she attempts to learn Spanish, learn to cook, date and reclaim her Puerto Rican heritage. Produced by Flavor Unit Productions.
- Fearless Living: Based on her best-selling book On Becoming Fearless, Arianna Huffington looks at the many aspects of living a fearless life – from motherhood and parenting to beauty and health to navigating the workplace to friendship, relationships and aging gracefully. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Tanning Effect: Steve Stoute, best-selling author of The Tanning of America, interviews entertainment icons and pop-culture thought leaders including Jay-Z and Pharrell Williams; the series is sponsored by State Farm. Produced by AOL Studios.
- Sessions: Original, exclusive performances with hitmakers such as Alicia Keysand Adele. Produced by AOL Studios.
- Unscripted:Celebrity co-stars interview each other – with users' burning questions. Past talent includes Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Aniston, Robert Pattinson and Adam Sandler. Produced by AOL Studios.
- You've Got:Everyday, everyone from Barack Obama to Kevin Bacon to Paula Abdul tells the world what 'You've Got.' Produced by AOL Studios.
- AutoBlog – The List:Hosts who consider themselves true automotive aficionados must tackle crazy car challenges from 'The List,' created by Autoblog's expert editors. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Interface: Exclusive performances from breaking artists, including the best up-and-coming artists such as Mumford and Sons, Rogue Wave, Manchester Orchestra and The National. Produced by AOL Studios.
- MMA Hour: Get up close and personal with the celebrities of the MMA Fighting world, from the Web's best MMA Fighting resource. Produced by AOL Studios.
- The Engadget Show: Industry leaders and tech luminaries take the stage in front of one of the largest audiences of tech enthusiasts. Produced by AOL Studios.
Teens & Young Adults
- CliffsNotes Films: Short, animated, irreverent versions of literary classics, produced by Mark Burnett, Coalition Films and AOL Studios and Executive produced by Josh Faure-Brac. Columbia Pictures' film Anonymous (in theaters October 28th) is the exclusive sponsor of the first six episodes.
- AIM High: TV broadcast-quality action series following Nick Green as he juggles high school with being a secret government agent. Starring Jackson Rathbone from Twilight and Aimee Teegarden from Friday Night Lights. Produced by Warner Bros.
*August 2011 comScore Video Metrix
**June 2011 comScore Video Metrix, based on Content Type Videos
***August 2011 Omniture SityCatalyst
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a premier global media company with a suite of brands and products serving consumers, advertisers and publishers worldwide. The AOL Huffington Post Media Group is a leading source of news, opinion, entertainment, community and digital information comprising a wide range of destination websites, including AOL.com, The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, Moviefone, Engadget, Patch, AOL Music, StyleList and MapQuest. The AOL Advertising.com Group includes Advertising.com, ADTECH, Pictela, Video (inclusive of AOL Video, goviral and 5min Media), Content Solutions and Sponsored Listings and serves a combined content and advertising market at scale through video, brand advertising, content and ad serving. AOL is focused on engaging consumers and providing online advertising services and solutions on both AOL Huffington Post Media Group destination websites and third-party websites, in addition to serving consumer platforms including AOL Mail, AIM, about.me, and mobile experiences. AOL also operates one of the largest Internet subscription access services in the U.S., which serves as another distribution channel for its consumer subscription products, such as AOL TechGuru and Computer Checkup.
AOL Corporate Communications
AOL Corporate Communications