AOL Leads comScore Lifestyle Category
Mar 3, 2014
After a year of innovation and a commitment to creating world-class content for our female audience, we're thrilled to announce that AOL Lifestyle has reached the #1 spot in comScore's Lifestyle category. Ranking ahead of both Yahoo! Lifestyle Network and Meredith Digital with 33.1M UVs, the group jumped from "top five" to the Lifestyle category leader -- and continues to grow rapidly and deliver premium content and experiences to the 33M we reach monthly.
Under the leadership of Maureen Sullivan, President of AOL.com and Lifestyle brands, the dynamic portfolio now includes brands that focus on a wide array of topics, including inspiration, entrepreneurship, beauty, style, food, entertaining, weddings and home. A robust Guest Editor franchise and Lifestyle Contributor Network leverage high-profile experts and influential bloggers, and has resulted in continued traffic growth for the group. Additionally, AOL Lifestyle works closely with partners like P&G, Kraft and Unilever across brands to create custom and native integrations.
Coupled with the break-through traffic numbers and robust guest-editor franchise, the group has proven that online brands can also be highly-successful offline. In the past 12 months, we've witnessed:
- MAKERS -- a landmark television and digital platform that aims to be the largest video collection of women's stories ever assembled -- has seen great success with 60 million video views since launch. An exciting evolution of the platform, the brand hosted the likes of Gloria Steinem, Chelsea Handler, Sheryl Sandberg and beyond at the inaugural MAKERS Conference.
- StyleList sites are the #1 destination for fashion, beauty and style, with more monthly UV's monthly than PopSugar Style, People Style Watch, Fashionista and Glamour sites. In 2013, hosted the first-ever Street Style Runway Show featuring fashion influencers.
- Kitchen Daily engaged America's foodies by hosting the first and second America's Favorite Chef contests. The site also features a Kitchen Daily VIP experience, which includes My Recipe Box, an open utility for organizing recipes across formats, and a grocery list feature that makes grocery shopping easy.
- Style Me Pretty is the ultimate wedding site for the style-obsessed bride, featuring notable expert in the wedding and design space, Abby Larson. The site receives thousands of real wedding submissions, boasts a collection of over 1.5M real wedding photos, and features the Little Black Book, a highly curated collection of wedding vendors.
- The Guest Editor franchise for StyleList and Kitchen Daily continues to leverage popular and noteworthy industry experts and connects them with the sites' highly engaged audiences. Recent Guest Editors include Tim Gunn, Jessica Alba, Tory Burch, Rocco Dispirito, Eva Mendes and Michael Symon.
- The Lifestyle Contributor Network includes a group of 250 hand-picked, influential bloggers across fashion, beauty, food, weddings and home. These contributors bring millennial readers to the AOL Lifestyle brands.
Building off this incredible momentum, AOL Lifestyle aims to continue the momentum and lead the pack as #1 in comScore's Lifestyle category. For MAKERS, we're already looking forward to six new one-hour documentaries that will air on PBS, the MAKERS@ inaugural class of 2014 and global expansion.