AOL Gets Ready for SXSW
Aug 21, 2012
Voting is already under way for presentations and panels to be featured on the agenda at SXSW next spring in Austin, and AOLers have a great showing of proposals. Through the SXSW PanelPicker, the community can browse all the ideas, leave comments, and vote for what they think are the best fit for SXSWedu, SXSW Interactive, SXSW Film and SXSW Music conference activities. The SXSW staff and advisory board also weigh on the content for the agenda to ensure lesser known voices have as much of a chance as being selected to speak at SXSW as individuals with large online followings.
Check out the AOLer-proposed sessions below:
- Carla Borsoi, AOL: Bang A Gong, Get Your Biz Speak On
- Matthew Knell, AOL: People and Things: Why Visual Social Networks Work
- Tim McDonald, HuffPost: The Community Manager: Enter the C-Suite
- Laura Gluhanich, About.me: Community Management: Beyond the News Feed
- Justin Isaf, HuffPost: Are Community Managers the New Influencers?
- Margaret Johnson, HuffPost: Is Women's Media Too Girly?
- Lisa Belkin, HuffPost: How to Keep Working Parents In – and Innovating
- John Pavley, HuffPost: Streaming + Social. Revolutionizing the Media
- Katla McGlynn, HuffPost: Fun Money: Lessons From Innovative Comedians
- Annemarie Dooling, HuffPost: Destroy Your Cubicle: Make the World Your Office
See any you'd be interested? Click on a panel title to vote between now and August 31st. Then, look back at our take on the best brand activations from last year's SXSW here.
- AOL PR (@AOLPR) August 21, 2012