AOL Canada Announces Key New Hires
Jul 13, 2012
AOL Canada is getting set to go west this summer with The Huffington Post Canada's regional expansion across the Western territories, and what better way to get started than adding amazing talent to the team.
The upcoming launch of HuffPost B.C. & Alberta sites will mark the second regional expansion for The Huffington Post Canada this year, following the launch of Le Huffington Post Québec in February 2012. Traffic and advertiser demand have been strong for the site in Quebec, with 199% growth in UVs since launch and a social following of more than 26,600.
Joining the Canadian editorial team are Andree Lau, Michelle Butterfield and Patrick Bellerose:
- Andree Lau joins the team as News Editor, HuffPost B.C. after a career at CBC in Vancouver, Calgary and New Brunswick. She worked as an integrated journalist in Vancouver and also was a web editor for cbc.ca in Calgary.
- Michelle Butterfield joins as Associate News Editor, HuffPost Alberta. Butterfield comes from The Calgary Herald, where she was a digital editor and spearheaded their social media strategy.
- Patrick Bellerose joins the team as News Editor, Le Huffington Post Québec, reporting to managing editor, Patrick White. Bellerose's experience includes work as a journalist and online editor at Info Presse Magazine, as well as a regular contributor to Branchez-Vous.com, Les Affaires, Urbania, Marketing Magazine, Must Alimentaire, L'Actualité alimentaire, Jobboom and L'Actualité.
With growth across Canada in full bloom this summer, AOL Canada has also made additions to the sales team:
- Sydney Robertson has joined as Account Executive and has deep knowledge and experience in digital media from previous sales roles with Yahoo!, Glam Media and Rogers Media.
- Jeffrey Wood has joined as Account Manager and comes to AOL from Olive Media.
- Tanya Iliakis is relocating to Vancouver to fill the role of Western Canada Account Executive after two years as an Account Executive in the AOL Toronto office.
AOL Canada, led by GM, Graham Moysey, now has offices in Toronto, Quebec, and soon to open in Calgary and Vancouver, and offers consumers and advertisers a network of premium properties, including AOL.ca, The Huffington Post Canada, Autoblog Canada, Moviefone, Engadget, Everyday Health others, reaching an audience of 10.2M unique visitors per month in Canada.
*Source: comScore, Inc., Total Canada, Home and Work, May 2012. The Huffington Post data from [E] Huffington Post Global.