AOL ANNOUNCES ORIGINAL CYBER-CRIME SERIES: DIGITAL JUSTICE, DEBUTING TODAY ON AOL ON TECH
Apr 24, 2012
DEBUTING TODAY ON AOL ON TECH
Previewed at AOL's NewFront Event in New York City
The series can be seen today on AOL On Tech as well as on HuffPost Crime, where users can engage with a robust social experience by commenting, sharing and badging. AOL gave more than 450 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies, digital and TV media buyers a sneak peek of the new series at its Digital Content NewFront today in New York City.
Episodes will include:
- ShotSpotter - Gunshot Detection System: A gunshot is heard in a residential neighborhood and within seconds, audio sensors around the city pinpoint the exact location of the discharge. This is how Minneapolis Police apprehended and convicted Christopher James Hayes for murder.
- LRAD - Long Range Acoustic Hailing Devices (Alt: Cover Your Ears): With the Occupy Wall Street protests in full force, some police departments around the nation have dispersed crowds with a new piece of technology that has some critics shrieking. See what the controversy is all about.
- Digisensory Technologies Avista Smart Sensors: Minority Report Comes to Life: In recent years, East Orange, N.J.'s crime rate has dropped by nearly two-thirds. How did they do it? By being one of the first cities in the nation to implement the Avista Smart Sensor, a system that claims to track and predict crime before it happens.
- Recon Robot/Scout: SWAT's Secret Weapon: Training for a potential hostage crisis, East Bay Parks SWAT unveils a special tool that gets them into the scene of the crime without risking lives.
- Virtra Systems: Crime Fighting Simulations: Digital Justice visits Virtra Systems to scope out the company's virtual training facility, which is utilized by military and law enforcement officials to prepare for real-life conflicts.
Terry Schappert's passion for forensics began nearly 20 years ago when he joined the 82nd Airborne Division. He is an expert on small arms, demolition, conventional and unconventional military tactics and combat medicine. Viewers may recognize him from The History Channel's Warriors where he traveled the globe experiencing the training, rituals and weapons of history's most iconic warrior cultures. In addition to his military credentials, Terry is a licensed paramedic, scuba certified, speaks several languages, has extensive martial arts training, and a degree in anthropology.
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
Tweet this: http://aol.it/Jw8yrM
AOL Corporate Communications