AOL AND VUGURU ANNOUNCE ORIGINAL WEB SERIES: FETCHING
Apr 24, 2012
Series Unleashes on June 18th to Celebrate International Take Your Dog to Work Day
Previewed at AOL's NewFront Event in New York City
New York, NY (April 24th, 2012) - AOL and Vuguru, an independent studio founded by Michael Eisner that finances world-class story-driven content for digital and emerging platforms, today announced the premiere of a new dramedy about a woman who restarts her life and follows her true passion of entrepreneurship. Written by "Sex and the City's" Amy Harris, Fetching is set against the backdrop of New York City and stars Liza – a young woman who quit her job as a lawyer and ended her engagement in the same week-in hopes of pursuing her dreams of opening her own business, a doggy daycare store called "Fetching."
To celebrate International Take Your Dog to Work Day, the series premieres on AOL On Relationships beginning on June 18, 2012. A total of fifteen episodes will air weekly. AOL gave more than 450 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies, digital and TV media buyers a sneak peek of the new series at its Digital Content NewFront today in New York City.
Meet the Cast
- Liza (Colette Wolfe,Hot Tub Time Machine, "Cougar Town")- A newly single thirty-something who has recently quit her job as a lawyer and opens a doggy day care called Fetching
- Oscar - Liza's adorable mutt rescued from a shelter who is her closest (cuddliest) confidant, and may have better taste in who Liza should date than she does
- Matt (Levi Fiehler, Wolf Town) - A single Princeton Grad who works as Fetching's dog walker and may not be quite living up to his potential
- Adi (Sandra Vergara,Fright Night)- The sexy and opinionated Latina receptionist at Fetching who gives Liza her sassy but honest advice about love and men
- David aka. Daveed (Brian Titchnell,Stained Glass) - Fetching's dog groomer who was once the hottest hairdresser to the stars now only styles dogs because they don't talk back
- Sheila (Elaine Hendrix,The Parent Trap) - Fetching's biggest client, along with her overly pampered pup Frederick, just may be the shop's biggest pain in the tail
- Blake(Dave Annable,"Brothers & Sisters")- A local bank executive who is charming, devastatingly handsome and extremely allergic to dogs
- Jack (Robert Bagnell, The Comeback) Liza's brother, about to be a father for the first time, who struggles under the demands of a very pregnant wife, his jealous dog and Liza's harebrained schemes
- Mitch: (Josh Casaubon, "I Just Want My Pants Back") - Liza's ex-fiancé who she left at the alter to pursue her dream of becoming a self-sufficient doggie day care owner
Liza decides to quit her job as a lawyer when she realizes that she's not ready to settle down and become the wife and mother her fiancé, Mitch, expects her to be. Liza breaks it off with Mitch and starts over by using the money she saved for her wedding to open up a new business: a doggy daycare store called Fetching. She hires her friends Matt and Daveed, and the loveable Adi, to help out. As the business grows, Liza struggles to juggle challenging clients (and their dogs), the business competition, and her brother's family, all the while trying to find love again. Will Liza put all of her life savings into her doggy daycare business and find love before her patience runs out? Find out on AOL On Relationships beginning June 18.
Fetching is directed by Jason Reilly and written by Amy Harris. Harris is best known for her work on "Sex and the City" and "Gossip Girl."
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
Vuguru LLC is an independent studio that develops and finances scripted, story-driven content for digital and international platforms. Founded by Michael D. Eisner's Tornante Company and backed by Canada's Rogers Media, the company brings premium content opportunities to distribution partners, enabling them to bring premium original content to their audiences. Vuguru programming has been distributed in over 40 countries around the world, and in 2010, the company structured a first-of-its-kind international sales & distribution commitment for ten projects with UK-based Content Media Corporation. In the US, Vuguru has a six-project licensing and distribution deal with AOL.
Vuguru's inaugural series Prom Queen pioneered the online serial space with its unique format and distribution. Most recently, Vuguru's The Booth at the End was licensed to Rogers Media for multi-platform distribution in Canada, FOX International Channels for distribution across its entire network of pay-TV channels and online sites, and Hulu for streaming distribution in the US. Additional Vuguru series include Don't Ask, Don't Tell; Pretty Tough; The Millionaire Tour; Nuclear Family, Off Season, Little Women BIG CARS, Fetching, Crawlspace and the Emmy-nominated Back on Topps.