AOL AND VUGURU PRESENT THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SECOND SEASON OF HIT SERIES LITTLE WOMEN BIG CARS
AOL AND VUGURU PRESENT THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SECOND SEASON OF HITSERIES LITTLE WOMEN BIG CARS
New York, NY – (April 15, 2013) – AOL and Vuguru, an independent studio founded by Michael D. Eisner that finances world-class story-driven content for digital and emerging platforms, today announced the highly anticipated premiere of Season 2 of Little Women BIG CARS. Season 1 of the hit comedy premiered last year on AOL On Parenting and quickly garnered over 5.7 million views.
In Season 2 of Little Women BIG CARS, Amy Yasbeck (Wings, Hot in Cleveland), Julie Warner (Crash, Nip/Tuck) and Kristy Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Psych) reprise their roles as suburban soccer moms struggling to balance their hectic lives both on and off the field in this lighthearted comedy. Anita Barone (The War at Home, Shake it Up!) joins the ensemble cast as Connie.
The four moms' divergent parenting styles test their friendship when Rocky puts her daughter on the beauty pageant circuit. Barbara's blossoming relationship with soccer coach A.J. becomes more awkward when their exes, Richard and Doro, start canoodling on the soccer field sidelines. Meg stresses when her school finance committee gets audited, and things get worse when she discovers that Connie's husband is being unfaithful. The humor unfolds as the friends struggle to manage the chaos of kids and their personal lives.
Meet the Cast
- Meg (Amy Yasbeck, Wings, Hot in Cleveland), an overachieving people-pleaser who takes on every school project
- Barbara (Julie Warner, Crash, Nip/Tuck), a recently divorced lawyer who is getting back into the dating scene
- Rocky (Kristy Swanson,Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Psych) a high-maintenance, materialistic diva and kept wife
- Connie (Anita Barone, The War at Home, Shake it Up!), a curvaceous and big-hearted mob wife
- Mr. Hughes (Ed Begley Jr., Arrested Development, Portlandia, The New Adventures of Old Christine), persnickety high school Principal who isn't afraid to ask for favors
- A.J. (Antonio Sabato, Jr., Melrose Place, The Bold and the Beautiful), the handsome, recently-divorced soccer coach who is not afraid to date the other moms
- Woody (Alexis Denisof,Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel), Meg's professorial husband who desperately attempts to avoid conflict at all costs
- Richard (Elon Gold, Bones, Chapelle's Show, Stacked),Barbara's former husband and town dentist coming to terms with his newly single life
- Doro (Krista Allen, The L.A. Complex, The Final Destination), A.J.'s flirtatious ex-wife who is always looking to stir the pot
- Allison (Cheryl Texiera, The Mentalist, Happy Endings, Shameless), the flakey treasurer of the Parent Teacher Organization
- Julie (Cassandra Freeman, Numb3rs, The Good Wife), the friendly and helpful Allstate agent always willing to aid the moms in a pinch
For Season 2, Allstate Insurance Company has come on board as the presenting sponsor, with organic storyline integration, in-line with the key messages of the brand.
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
About Vuguru LLC
Vuguru LLC is an independent studio that develops and finances scripted, story-driven content for digital and international platforms. Founded by Michael D. Eisner's Tornante Company, Vuguru licenses titles to a global set of distribution partners with large audiences including Hulu, Yahoo, AOL, YouTube, Canada's Rogers Media and FremantleMedia. Vuguru programming has been distributed in over 110 countries around the world, and in 2010, the company structured a first-of-its-kind international sales & distribution commitment for 10 projects with UK-based Content Media Corporation. In the U.S., Vuguru has multi-project licensing and distribution deals with AOL and Yahoo! and recently launched original programming on Syfy Digital, CW Digital, YouTube and Hulu.
Vuguru's inaugural series, Emmy®-nominated "Prom Queen," pioneered the online serial space with its unique format and distribution. The series completed this past fall with "Prom Queen: Homecoming" premiering on CW Digital. Most recently in the U.S., Vuguru's "Little Women BIG CARS", "Fetching", "Greetings From Home" and "Playdate" launched on AOL to millions of views. The second season of the global hit, "The Booth at the End" launched on Hulu in August 2012 and debuted internationally in fall 2012. Additional Vuguru series include "Don't Ask Don't Tell", "Pretty Tough", "The Millionaire Tour", "Off Season", "Crawlspace", "Nuclear Family", "Deep Powder," "The Fuzz", the Emmy®-nominated "Back on Topps", as well as the premium YouTube channel "Stan Lee's World of Heroes".