AOL'S MOTHER'S DAY SWEEPSTAKES ON FACEBOOK
AOL'S MOTHER'S DAY SWEEPSTAKES ON FACEBOOK
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: AOL's Mother Day Sweepstakes on Facebook (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of AOL Inc., and those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, and any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win. All U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on May 8, 2011 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on May 14, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit http://www.facebook.com/aol and click the "Mother's Day Sweepstakes" tab (the "Site") and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be deleted. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: On or about May 16, 2011, Sponsor will select the names of five (5) potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") and IRS W-9 form within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release and W-9 form within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Limit one (1) prize per household.
8. PRIZES: Five (5) Winners will each receive a Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device and a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card (subject to issuer's terms and conditions). Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $214. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunication or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, or network. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, seeding, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, tampering, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award all prizes via a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the submission of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which the entry is made.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor's designees to use entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, city and state of residence, and prize information for trade and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity without further notice, payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing, seeding, or typographical errors; (c) lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or undeliverable entries, prize claims, registrations, or e-mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt and use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Mothers Day Facebook Winners, c/o AOL, 770 Broadway, Rm 6B:D56, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by May 31, 2011.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be sent to Sponsor at AOL.email@example.com and NOT Facebook.
© Copyright 2011 AOL Inc. All rights reserved. Participants are hereby authorized to copy these official rules on the condition that it will be for the participant's personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.