Weather the Crunch with AOL UK's New Money Channel
Dynamic easy-to-use site offers wealth of free interactive tools for users to manage their money
LONDON, October 29 – AOL UK today unveiled its new money and finance site at http://money.aol.co.uk, with a revamped layout and suite of investing and interactive personal finance tools that will help consumers better understand and navigate the current credit crunch. In addition to more multi-media content and advanced investor tools, the site will let users discuss and rate articles. In the coming months, the UK site will continue to add new interactive features and tools for online investors.
"In difficult economic times, consumers need access to the latest tools and information to help them manage their finances easily and accurately," said AOL Europe Finance Channel Director, Michael Schroeder.
"The new layout gives investors and consumers more content in one easy-to-read place, covering dozens of key categories such as mortgages, loans, savings, retirement planning and taxes," he added.
Among the new features on the site - http://money.aol.co.uk
- Redesigned homepage showcases a wealth of new investing and personal finance stories, money-saving tips, expert panel sessions, videos, data and reader reviews.
- Dynamically updated markets categories show consumers stock market indices, share prices and currency information from around the world.
- Free portfolio tools that enable users to create accounts using their own email addresses.
- 'Stock Alerts' allow users to be notified via email if a set limit on a stock or security is reached during a trading day.
- Innovative blog style layout that provides greater flexibility for editors to add content and users the ability to rate and comment on stories.
- RSS feeds that let users easily find content they are looking for across the web; e.g., the current financial crisis.
The new site is supported by AOL's digital advertising business. Platform-A, http://www.platform-a.co.uk/, offering relevant advertising opportunities in both display advertising, as well as content-targeted links on the Web site, with ad-rich areas including investing, insurance, credit card and small business.
"Advertisers will benefit from increases in both traffic and engagement, improved methods for circulating traffic to other channels and an enhanced product focus that allows for better targeting of ads," said Schroeder.
AOL is a leading provider of digital communications and content to UK consumers. The AOL service and portal deliver a range of market-leading online content, including music, film, sport, news, shopping and community, as well as email, instant messenger, VOIP, safety and security features. AOL is also one of the leading online destinations for advertisers in the UK.
AOL UK is part of AOL Europe, a business unit of AOL LLC, which operates a leading network of Web brands and is a majority-owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc.
+44 (0) 207 348 8346